As a charity seeking donations from the public, we, CRITICAL aim to comply with the Charity Regulator’s Guidelines for Charitable Organisations on Fundraising from the Public
- Our pledge is to treat all our donors with respect, honesty, and openness.
- We commit to being accountable and transparent so that donors and prospective donors can have full confidence in CRITICAL.
- We promise we will effectively apply your gifts to us for their intended purposes. We commit that you, our donors, and prospective donors will:
- Be informed of the organisation’s mission, and of the way the organisation intends to use donated resources.
- Be informed of the identity of those serving on the organisation’s governing board, and that the board will exercise prudent judgement in its stewardship responsibilities.
- Have access to the organisation’s most recent financial statements.
- Be assured your gifts will be used for the purposes for which they were given. Receive appropriate acknowledgement and recognition.
- Be assured that information about your donation is handled with respect and with confidentiality to the extent provided by law.
- Expect that all relationships with individuals representing the charity will be dealt with professionally.
- Be informed whether those seeking donations are volunteers, employees of the organisation or hired third party agents.
- Have easily available the agreed procedures for making and responding to complaints.
- Have the opportunity for any names to be deleted from mailing lists and to be informed if the organisation intends to share the mailing lists with third parties.
- Receive prompt, truthful, and forthright answers to questions you might have of the organisation.
If or when a member of the public enquires about the employment standing of a fundraiser, they must receive an honest and open answer. The standing in this case relates to whether or not a fundraiser is a volunteer, a paid employee of the charitable organisation or a third-party agent working on behalf of the charity.
What to do if you have feedback
If you do have a comment about any aspect of our work, you can contact us in writing or by telephone. In the first instance, your comment will be dealt with by our Chief Executive.
Please give us as much information as possible and let us know how you would like us to respond, providing relevant contact details.
The Chief Executive
Croom Primary Care Centre
Skagh, Croom, Co. Limerick V35XT25
Tel: +353 21 419 0999